Saturday, July 24, 2010

FYI Lightning Hurts

My boyfriend and I were leaving the bowling alley the other day and we got stopped by a homeless man who asked if we could help him out. We ended up giving him some money and a Carl's Jr. Western Bacon Cheeseburger that I had bought for lunch but didn't touch.

As we were getting in the car, we were talking about how at least it seemed like he really was just hungry and wasn't trying to sucker us for money for alcohol or drugs. But then...we had a debate over what the homeless man actually said.

Me: He said 'Could you help me out? I'm hungry'
B/F: Nooo, he said 'Could you help me out? I'm homeless'
Me: *Laughing* No, he did not! I swear he said 'hungry'
B/F: He said 'homeless,' I heard it.
*More arguing ensues and escalates*
Me: He said HUNGRY! If I'm wrong, let me be struck down by lightning!
*B/F stabs me hard in the arm with his incredibly bony finger*
Me: OW! That HURTS!
B/F: *smugly* Lightning hurts.

-.- ;

No comments: