Friday, July 23, 2010

Brain Blast!

Today I woke up and decided I wanted to be a Blogger...
Not really.
Actually, I've always known I liked to write, I was even on my school newspaper back in high school (even though they like, never published my stuff, but you know, I'm not bitter).

But this summer, the only online class I could get into was Counseling 5. Which is basically career/life planning. I had to research what I want to be when I grow up. Figuratively speaking. Because I'm like 4'11 if not shorter and I'm not growing anymore. Ever.

Anyway, my major's Communications with an Emphasis in Journalism (which I copy and pasted straight off the website) and I figured if I had to choose a job to research on then it was going to be...ENTERTAINMENT BLOGGER! Because I like to write and I like to stick my nose into other people's business and then blab about it to other people, complete strangers if I must.

So according to some of the open job listings, if you want to get hired for this kind of job, you gotta have blogging experience. It said 5 years experience on one of the websites. And I realized I'm sad and I don't even have a blog. So now I have to start or else I'll never get hired and live the rest of my adult life as a bum...although I think I would make a very good one because So-Cal beaches have free showers and my rust bucket car is paid off so I would have a place to sleep. Also, sometimes I don't even want to be a functioning member of society...what? I said sometimes. I pay my taxes, get off my back!

So I guess now starts my Life as a Blogger...
You know what would be funny? If I failed epicly and my dreams were crushed. Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it.

Sidenote: As I am formatting this blog, I realize I have no idea what the difference is between Arial font and Helvetica?????

No comments: